Westvale Men's Shed supports the health and wellbeing of men through its ‘Men’s Shed’ program.
The Shed offers opportunities for new, emerging and existing communities to gather and experience a men’s shed focused space.
The Shed encourages access and inclusion of people with a disability and older people and other hard to reach target groups. It's expected that if a member needs support they will bring their support with them.
The Shed is open every Monday from 9am – 1pm for a social session for men and every Thursday from 9am -1pm for woodworking sessions for men.
Adjoining the centre is Westvale Community Garden. It has over 50 garden plots in various heights and sizes. Westvale also manages Padley Park Community Garden in St Albans.
Shed Programs and Activities
Some programs are offered at no charge while others will have a small fee.
Programs may include but not limited to social sessions, Conversation clubs.
- Community gardening programs/ gardening workshops
- Sustainable living programs
- DIY clinics
- Repair workshops & programs
- Men’s support groups
- Programs delivered by partner agencies
- Cooking and nutrition programs
- Community lunches
- Events – Men’s Health Day, Sustainable Living Expo, Health information workshops
- Volunteer program, including Men’s Shed volunteer Champion
- Carpentry and other building projects
The Westvale Men’s Shed opened on 29 November 2016 after receiving a grant from the Department of Health and Human Services.