‘Sunshine Boy’ is a special one show only performance about the iconic Leigh Bowery, from a concept by dancer / performer Andy Howitt – so don’t miss out!
Presented as part of the Midsumma Festival, this pulsating dance theatre performance tells the story of Sunshine born-and-bred, Leigh Bowery.
Best known as a London-based performance artist, club promoter and designer, the cabaret style show gives an in-your-face eyeshot into a life lived wildly.
You’ll be lured into the depths of Bowery’s infamous London nightclub, Taboo, backed by the unmistakable soundtrack of the generation including Bowie, Sonic Youth, The Cure and more.
- Sunshine Boy concept & performer: Andy Howitt
- Sunshine Boy Costume Designer: Bryn Meredith
- Music: David Bowie, Sonic Youth, The Cure, The Fall, The Stranglers, Associates, and Velvet Underground.
This show contains sexual references – suitable for 16+ years only.
The Bowery Theatre is proudly owned and operated by Brimbank City Council.
Bowery Theatre Show: ‘Sunshine Boy’ Part of the Midsumma Festival
- When: Friday 1 February, 7.30pm
(90 minutes, two short intervals)
- Where: Bowery Theatre, 1 Princess Street, St Albans
- Cost: $15 all tickets
For ticket bookings visit bowerystacc.com.au or call 9249 4600.