Brimbank Council wants to create friendly and safe places for all to enjoy. We ask everyone to be considerate when making comments or contributions on Council’s social media channels and others associated with Council.
When engaging on our social media channels, please:
- Be respectful: don’t harass, insult or be abusive toward others. We will not tolerate defamatory, obscene, offensive, threatening, abusive, pornographic, vulgar, profane, indecent or otherwise unlawful commentary. This includes material that racially or religiously vilifies, incites violence or hatred, or is likely to offend, insult or humiliate others based on race, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any physical or mental disability.
- Keep it relevant: Don’t post off-topic or promote personal, commercial interests or party political statements.
- Stay legal and authentic: Avoid making defamatory, libellous, false or misleading comments and respect others’ intellectual property rights. Don't misrepresent yourself or others, or spread misinformation. This includes information contradictory to state and federal government advice.
- Think about privacy: For your own safety, and the safety of others, don’t include personal information such as full names, addresses, phone numbers, or email addresses.
Council reserves the right to block, hide or delete any post/comments to our social media channels that it believes do not follow the guidelines outlined above.
We are not obliged to reinstate any individual who has been blocked or banned.
Please also refer to and comply with the relevant Terms of Service/User Agreements for the following platforms:
Comments on our content by others are their views only. Council does not necessarily endorse or agree with those views or third-party content which we may share. We cannot vouch for the accuracy, validity and /or completeness of third-party information.
Breaches of these rules
If we believe your comment breaches our rules of engagement, we will hide it from view for anyone outside of your network of connections.
Serious breaches will be deleted. In these instances, where possible, we will inform you either via a comment or through your inbox to let you know:
- your post has been deleted.
- which part of our rules has been breached
- provide you a link to this page.
If you continue to breach our rules, we reserve the right at any time to hide and delete comments, ban you from our page/s and report you to Facebook.
If you have any questions about our policy or any action we have taken, please email email@example.com.
Brimbank City Council's social media pages
We have official Brimbank City Council pages or accounts on the following social media platforms: