How We Calculate Your Rates
Rates are calculated based on the value of a property, using a method called Capital Improved Value. Capital Improved Value (CIV) refers to the value of the land and any improvements, such as a house, garage, swimming pool etc.
A ‘rate in the dollar’ is determined, and then applied against the CIV of each property.
The rate in the dollar amounts for 2019/20 are:
- Residential houses, flats and units: 0.2055 cents/$CIV
- Retirement villages: 0.1900 cents/$CIV
- Commercial/ industrial: 0.4462 cents/$CIV
- Farms: 0.1804 cents/$CIV
- Vacant land: 0.4421 cents/$CIV
- Cultural and recreational: 0.2231 cents/$CIV
- Commercial/Industrial Vacant land: 0.07216 cents/$CIV
Want more information on Capital Improved Value? See Property Valuations.
In addition to the rate amount, all ratepayers must pay a Municipal Charge: the charge for 2019/20 is $76.48
We apply environmental charges to residential properties. The charge relates the size of your garbage bin.
We also provide an optional green waste service to residential properties.
Further information on rates, municipal charge, and environmental charge can be found in the Annual Budget 2019-2020.