The St Albans Car Parking Management Plan focuses on managing the parking needs of residents, traders and commuters in the St Albans activity centre. The Plan has been prepared to maximise the use of the existing parking assets, and not creating additional car parking.
The Plan is based on an independent car parking study into parking patterns around the St Albans town centre.
The plan supports a range of areas including parking demand and location, time limits and signage, traffic flows, and off-street parking options, permit parking and zoned areas.
The Car Parking Management Plan aims to achieve the objectives of the Brimbank Parking Strategy 2019-2029 which includes:
- Parking is readily available and well located for those who need and value it most
- Parking supply is well-designed and efficiently utilised within the activity centre
- Residential on-street parking is efficiently utilised and, where scarce, is actively managed to prioritise the needs of residents
- Demand for on-street parking minimises undue negative impacts on local residents
- On and off-street parking facilities are efficiently utilised with sharing across multiple user groups.
The Car Parking Management Plan, in reference to the Brimbank Parking Strategy was undertaken to:
- Assess current car parking conditions
- Assess the car parking survey results for each activity centre
- Review the car parking occupancy and duration
- Assess complaints from the community relating to car parking for each activity centre
- Identify and address car parking issues for each activity centre
- Prepare recommendations for the car parking management of each activity centre.