Council adopted the Sunvale Community Park Master Plan in June 2016 after community consultation in April 2016 for four weeks.
The Sunvale Community Park Master Plan includes:
- Dedicated play spaces for varying age groups, including water play for younger children and multi-purpose skateable space for all ages
- A large, green ‘kick a ball’ space for active play, passive recreation and outdoor cinema use
- A diagonal central pedestrian spine with solar lighting, facilitating access through the park
- An indigenously-themed circuit path network featuring exercise stations and integrated with a path, providing frontage and access to the adjacent residential development
- An edible garden for use by all the community
- The retention of existing trees and planting of numerous large, new shade trees (Morton Bay Figs)
- A picnic shelter with barbecue facilities
- Additional on-street parking to the east side of Neil Street, including one-way southbound traffic on Neil Street, to address safety concerns.
The inclusion of a kiosk referencing the school history of the site and including toilets, and water sensitive urban design elements will be subject to future negotiations and external funding.