Works to the value of $20,000 and over, and all demolition works, must comply with our Code of Practice for the Protection of Council Assets.
Objectives of the Code
- improving the overall appearance of building sites;
- clearly defining the standards that all parties undertaking building work must follow;
- confining rubbish and site pollution; and
- maximise the level of community safety in and around sites.
Council requires the builder to get an Asset Protection Permit before starting building works which have the potential to damage Council assets. The Asset Protection permit expires 24 months after the date of issue unless it is renewed.
Condition of Permit
- Payment of a security bond
- $1,000 - $1,500 for residential
- $1,500 - $2,000 for industrial and commercial;
- Putting up site fencing to Council's satisfaction; and
- A closed facility of 1m3 (minimum) for disposal of builders' rubbish that may be wind blown. This facility must be on site at all times.