Our Festivals and Events Policy and Strategy 2018-2021 defines our role and ways to support a festivals and events program.
It articulates the resource commitments we will make and how we will work with our community to ensure festivals and events are inclusive, best practice, sustainable and flourishing.
Our Strategy explores the opportunities for Brimbank to partner with others to bring new audiences and offerings to the Festivals and Events Program.
- To align the strategy and resourcing for festivals and events to the Council Plan 2017-2021.
- To support Brimbank communities to deliver inclusive, well managed and safe festivals and events.
- To provide a festivals and events program that is content diverse and geographically spread across the municipality.
- To help to develop the audiences and promote festivals and events.
- To connect local cultural development with festival and event programming.
- To help festivals and events be financially viable, environmentally sustainable, and develop successfully.
- To seek partnerships and opportunities that will support a vibrant festivals and events program.