The Parking Permit Policy will guide permit parking practices, and provide the policy basis for the provision of car parking in key activity centres and high demand residential areas.
The Parking Permit Policy builds on Council’s current permit parking practices and focuses on providing a fair, equitable and efficient permit parking system for all road users.
The objectives of the Parking Permit Policy, aligned with the Brimbank Parking Strategy 2019-2029 (Parking Strategy) and Car Parking Management Plans, are to:
- Provide a fair, equitable and efficient parking system for residents, service providers, visitors and people with special parking needs;
- Prioritise the use of Council owned public parking spaces using the hierarchy as identified in the Parking Strategy;
- Provide a clear, transparent and evidence based approach to introduce parking permit areas;
- Allow eligible residents of City of Brimbank to park in designated areas (on-street car parking and off-street car parking) that have been designated for residential permit; and
- Protect the integrity of the street and ensure there is a balanced need between users and ensure traffic and safety is not adversely impacted.