Brimbank residents are amongst some of the most vulnerable communities to a range of health issues.
The Brimbank Physical Activity Strategy is Council’s commitment to support and develop physical activity participation as part of its broader health and wellbeing approach.
This is underpinned by the Community Strengthening Policy (2014) which outlines 10 principles to help plan and deliver services and activities.
- Availability and affordability
- Accessibility and equity
- Valuing and respecting diversity
- Social and economic inclusion
- Social connection, wellbeing and lifelong learning
- Valuing community contributions
- Strengthening and valuing community leadership and participation
- Informing and responding to the community
- Advocacy and partnerships
- Continuous improvement and sustainability
Follow our progress: