Brimbank City Council’s Brimbank Youth Strategy 2015-2019 addresses the needs of young people aged 12 to 25 years old, who live, work, study or socialise in Brimbank.
The Youth Strategy identifies three action areas to guide Council’s work:
- Happy and Healthy – supporting young people to have strong family and peer relationships and access to relevant health services
- Respectful, Friendly and Safe – promoting a friendly, respectful and safe Brimbank for young people
- Engaged and Learning – supporting young people to have meaningful education, training and employment options with resources and support to make informed choices about their future
In developing the strategy, consultation and research included
- an audit of the Youth Policy and Action Plan 2010-2014;
- literature review;
- bench marking with other local government services;
- analysis of Brimbank’s youth profile; and
- consultation with young people, the youth sector and Council departments.
Brimbank Youth Strategy Community Report Card
The Brimbank Youth Strategy Community Report Card 15/16 has been developed to keep the community informed about progress towards the implementation of the Youth Policy and Action Plan.