Bin Collection Days
- View our 2020 Waste Collection Calendar (until January 2021).
- Garbage bins (dark green lid) are for household rubbish. This is collected weekly.
- Rubbish in this bin goes to landfill. Material that can be reused, recycled, or composted should not go in this bin.
- Rubbish should be contained in bags or wrapped. You must bring your bin in on the same day it is emptied
- Green Waste bin (bright green lid) is collected fortnightly
- Recycling bin (yellow lid) is collected on alternate weeks.
Your bins must be out by 6am on your collection day. Make sure you leave at least half a metre between the bins, with the wheels away from the road.
How do I get a bin?
Cost of Residential Collection Service
You pay an Environmental Charge each year, through your council rates. Environmental charges will vary according to the size of your garbage bin.
*No longer available/existing clients only.
More information on the environmental charge can be found in our 2020/21 Annual Budget.
Green Waste Collection
You can also opt to have a green waste collection service for your residential property: