In-home Support Services

Council's support services can assist you to remain active in your community. We provide practical support through encouragement and, when required, assistance to maintain and develop independent living skills..

How to Apply

For more information about eligibility, and to discuss your care needs, please contact Council’s Service Access team on 9249 4494 or the MyAgedCare contact centre on 1800 200 422 or visit My Aged Care.

Please note: waitlists may apply for services.

Delivered Meals

We deliver tasty and nutritious meals to older residents and people with disabilities who are unable to make regular meals and who may be nutritionally at risk. Meal options include soup, sandwiches, main meal, dessert; and fruit juice.

We can provide modified foods (cut, pureed, minced and moist) for people who may have trouble with swallowing. We also cater for some specific requirements relating to a medical conditions such as diabetes. These requirements will be discussed with clients prior to the commencement of service.

Meal delivery times are between 9.00am and 3pm Mondays to Fridays and are delivered in advance for weekends and public holidays. The frequency of delivery is determined by the needs of the client.

A client contribution fee is required from the client. This rate will be determined by a brief income assessment.

Home Maintenance and Modifications

Our Home Maintenance and modifications service provides minor household repairs that do not require the skills of a qualified trade’s person such as a licensed electrician or plumber. The service does not undertake tasks which are considered cosmetic repairs. Safety issues are a priority and tasks can include:

  • Changing light bulbs
  • Replacing tap washers
  • Installing smoke alarms
  • Installation of grab/hand rails
  • Hand held shower hose
  • Ramps
  • Step modifications

The service delivery team will contact you to organise a visit time and to discuss your service plan and fees.

Before we install modifications such as hand rails, ramps etc. an Occupational Therapist will need to assess your individual needs. The Occupational Therapist will make recommendations and provide council with details such as diagrams and measurements.

There is a fee for the service (labour) depending on your income and additional cost for any materials.