We have an important strategic planning function to facilitate and manage change and development of residential, commercial and Industrial land. This enables us to encourage sustainable growth and meet future demand for housing, jobs and services.
- Preparation of land use strategies, structure and strategic plans
- Engagement with State Government about metropolitan planning policy and proposals that impact Brimbank
- Processing and preparing amendments to the Brimbank Planning Scheme
- Development facilitation through the planning scheme amendment process
- Preparation of guidelines to inform future development.
We also deliver a focused program to unlock the development potential of key industrial sites and precincts including:
- Brooklyn Industrial Precinct
- Orica Site, Deer Park
- Sunshine Energy Park
- Solomon Heights Estate
- Calder Park Industrial Estate.
These sites often have development constraints including:
- The presence of native flora and fauna,
- Potential contamination,
- Lack of access, and
- Past or current uses.
Our Strategic Sites program facilitates a holistic and coordinated approach to working through constraints and unlocking the development potential of these sites to provide local employment and business development opportunities.
The redevelopment of industrial land often triggers a range of requirements and contributions.
Our Redevelopment of former Industrial Land brochure (PDF 1.0 MB) provides guidance to property owners about:
- Potential contributions,
- Charges from other authorities,
- Contamination, and
- Costs associated with rezoning land.
The brochure is also available at our Customer service centres.
For more information, please contact the Strategic Planning Department on 03 9249 4000.