What is a Playgroup?
Our playgroups are informal sessions where mums, dads, grandparents, caregivers, children, and babies meet in a relaxed environment.
Parents and caregivers set up and run the playgroups, with children choosing from a range of activities to meet their different needs. Activities at playgroup are either free or low cost.
Playgroups can be held anywhere that is safe for children: such as in community and neighbourhood centres, health clinics, women's centres, kindergartens, church halls – even someone's own home.
Find a Playgroup
- Download our Playgroup Directory to find a playgroup near you!
Smalltalk in Supported Playgroups
Why Take Part?
- Meet other parents and carers.
- Give your child a chance to enjoy playing with other children.
- Learn strategies to help your child's learning and development.
There is no cost involved.
Supported groups with smalltalk and parenting strategies are delivered by a trained facilitator and aim to achieve the following outcomes:
- Children have improved learning, development and wellbeing outcomes through improved parent-child interaction in the early home learning environment.
- Parents develop their parenting skills and confidence to support their children’s learning and development.
- Families are supported to transition into other community supports such as community playgroups or to more intensive early childhood or specialist services.
Learn more about Smalltalk's evidence-based parenting strategies that you can use to enhance your home learning environment.
Eligibility Criteria Applies
You can contact a Playgroup Support Officer to find out more:
What is a Facilitated Playgroup?
Facilitated Playgroups are a great opportunity for parents and children who may not normally access a playgroup. Here you can:
- Discover a supportive environment
- Increase skills and confidence
- Develop valuable support networks.
Facilitated Playgroups empower families, supporting your child’s development through participation in a variety of play, experiences and activities.
These playgroups are led by a trained facilitator.
For more information about playgroups please contact 9249 4237 or email@example.com.