Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) all Council-run playgroups are suspended until 14 April 2020. All playgroup centres are closed until further notice.
Visit our Coronavirus (COVID-19) page for information about Coronavirus and what we're doing.
Playgroup is an informal session where mums, dads, grandparents, caregivers, children, and babies meet in a relaxed environment. No child is too young for playgroup. All children from 0–5 years of age, including babies, love new experiences.
Why take part?
- To meet other parents and develop new friendships
- To let your child play with other children to develop and increase their social skills
- To share experiences and ideas in a friendly environment
Find a Playgroup
- Use our Playgroup Directory to find a playgroup near you.
For further information contact Community Playgroups on 9249 4237 or email email@example.com.
Supported Playgroups with Small talk
Supported Playgroups are run by a qualified facilitator in an enjoyable, safe play environment and incorporates the 10-week parenting program Smalltalk and In-Home support. Smalltalk is an evidence-based parenting program and has five key elements.
It aims to increase:
- Quality and frequency of parents’ interactions with their children
- Level of stimulation in the home environment
- Parental self-care (stress management and seeking support)
- Parenting confidence
- Parents’ connection to their community and local services
For eligible families with children 0-5 years the program includes:
- Free weekly playgroup sessions with a trained facilitator
- Option of having five one-on-one support visits in the home
If one of the following applies to a family member in the household:
- Health Care Card
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Department of Veteran's Affairs Card
- Humanitarian Visa
- Identifies as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Looking after children in kinship care arrangements (out of home care)
- Referred from Child FIRST or Child Protection
- Referred from or receiving Enhanced Maternal and Child Health Service or Young Parents Program.
Do you feel this would benefit you or your child? Please contact Supported Playgroups on 9249 4825 or firstname.lastname@example.org.