Report a Nuisance

Sometimes people aren't aware they're creating a nuisance. So the best approach is to talk to the person who is disturbing you, and work together on a solution.

If this doesn’t fix your problem, you can lodge a complaint with our Environmental Health team by calling 9249 4000. It might also be useful to: 

Noise Complaints

Barking Dogs

Noisy dog disturbing your neighbourhood? Try talking to its owner first. Often they’re not at home when the dog's barking, so they may not realise there's a problem. Just letting them know gives the owner a chance to resolve the issue.

More information for neighbours and owners of Barking Dogs.

Loud Parties

For a domestic noise complaint, such as loud parties or if a noisy neighbour is threatening you, it’s best to contact the police.

Domestic Power Appliances and Tools (Mowers, whipper-snippers, drills, etc.)

There are certain times when you cannot use power tools in a residential area, such as early mornings on weekends. These are outlined by the Environment Protection (Residential Noise) Regulations.

The Environmental Protection Agency's Noise Fact Sheet has helpful information on:

  • Prohibited times on weekdays and weekends for music, power tools, mowers, etc.
  • Prohibited times on weekdays and weekends for construction on worksites in a residential area
  • Industrial noise 
  • Traffic noise problems
  • Noise from entertainment venues.


We provide support for you (if eligible) to remove graffiti from your private property, enhancing the appearance of our area. This takes the form of vouchers (approximately $80.00 each) for graffiti removal supplies.

To apply for a voucher please contact Customer Service:

To report graffiti on non-Brimbank public assets, please contact the relevant authority listed below:

Adshell (glass bus shelters) 1800 501 402
AGL (electricity poles) 13 12 45
Australia Post (mail boxes) 13 76 78
City West Water (drains) 13 26 42
Metro Trains (rail property) 1800 800 007
Parks Victoria 13 19 63
Telstra (pay phones) 13 22 03
SP AusNet (electricity poles) 13 17 99
VicRoads (signal boxes, major road signs etc.) 13 11 70


Want to report a littering offence? Complete the Report Litter, Street Bins and Dumped Rubbish form. Information requested includes:

  • Date and time you saw the littering
  • Location e.g. street name, suburb and house number (e.g. outside number 10)
  • Description and number of offenders
  • Address of offender (if known), e.g. “I saw them come out of Unit 1 at No 50”
  • Type of material dumped, e.g. truckload of soil; concrete, etc.
  • Your name, address and contact telephone number.

You may have to attend Magistrates’ Court to give evidence – however this happens in less than 2% of cases.

Report littering from a vehicle

If you see someone littering a cigarette butt or other types of litter from a vehicle or near the vehicle they are using, you can report it to EPA online. Find further information about reporting litter from vehicles.

It’s an offence if you don’t clean up after your dog. It is considered littering.

We provide free Doggie Doo Bags in our Off-Leash Reserves, so you can pick-up after your pets.


Found a discarded needle or syringe? Please report the exact location using the Report Litter, Street Bins and Dumped Rubbish form.

If a discarded syringe might cause immediate danger to anyone, you may remove it. However, you must be careful and follow these guidelines:

Find a strong plastic container with lid, e.g. a fruit juice bottle, and place on the ground near the syringe:

  1. Pick the syringe up by the barrel end only
  2. Never touch the sharp end
  3. Never try to recap the syringe or break off the needle
  4. Take the syringe to the container and place inside
  5. Screw the lid on tightly
  6. Never throw a syringe or container down toilets, into gutters or drains
  7. Never put a syringe put in garbage or recycling bins
  8. Contact our Environmental Health Services team to arrange for collection of the container.

“Sharpsafe” Containers for Business

Private businesses in Brimbank can buy “Sharpsafe” containers for $25 each.  They're available from our Customer Service Centres. This fee includes disposal. We’ll also add your business to our register.

“Sharpsafe” Containers for Diabetics

Diabetics or those individuals who require a sharps container can collect them from any one of our Customer Service centres. There are also bins located at Keilor and Sunshine Customer Service centre for disposal of full containers.

Please store containers responsibly (away from children and pets).

For more information please speak to one of our Customer Service Officers on 9249 4000.