All dogs and cats three months of age or older must be microchipped and registered. The owner of a dog or cat who fails the register his/her animal may be liable to an on-the-spot fine for each unregistered animal.
The Domestic Animals Act 1994 states "where the owner of a dog or cat is under the age of 18 years, the parent or guardian of that person is deemed to be the owner". A child's dog or cat must be registered in the parent's or guardian's name.
This application will take approximately 10 minutes to complete.
Before you start you should know
When completing your Pets registration, please make sure you provide the correct and relevant documents including:
- Proof of microchip
- Sterilisation certificate
- Concession details (if applicable)
Please note: if a copy of all relevant documents are not provided, this may prevent you from receiving a reduced fee or we may not be able to accept your registration.
What you need to apply:
- Documentation relating to microchip/desexing/VCA registration/age/exemptions for new registrations
- Copy of your Pension Card if any (photo or scanned/photocopy)
- A credit card to make a payment as per the Cat and Dog registration fees
It will take approximately 6-8 weeks for your life long tag to arrive in the post.
We recommend using Chrome as your web browser. If you use Safari, make sure you have the latest version installed before completing the form.