We provide a comprehensive Immunisation Program, delivered by registered nurses according to the Recommended Immunisation Schedule.
- St Albans Community Centre (STACC), 1 Princess Street, St Albans
- West Sunshine Community Centre, Kermeen St, West Sunshine
- Derrimut Community Centre, Corner Stirling Drive & Lennon Park Way, Derrimut
- The Salvation Army Centre, Cnr Roseleigh Blvd & Kings Road Sydenham
- Keilor Community Hub, 704B Old Calder Hwy, Keilor
As parents, it’s important you give informed consent and discuss immunisation with the Nurse Immuniser before proceeding.
Overseas Immunisation History
If your child has had vaccinations overseas you can request a review of their immunisation history to ensure that it meets Australian requirements. You can request this history statement and ‘catch up program’ from your GP or through Council by appointment.
School Immunisation Program
Each year, our Environmental Health Services Unit visits all Secondary schools in our area to administer vaccinations to Year 7 students for:
- Gardasil (Human Papilloma Virus)
- Boostrix (diphtheria, tetanus and whooping cough booster)
We also provide Menactra (Meningococcal A,C,W,Y) for Year 10 students.
Childhood Immunisation History Statements
When you enrol your child at a primary school in Victoria, it's a legal requirement to provide a school entry certificate.
After your four year old is vaccinated, the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) will send you a History Statement. The bottom of the statement should read ‘This child has received all vaccines required by 5 years of age’. This becomes your School Entry Certificate.
If you have not received your child’s History Statement (or if it’s lost), please call ACIR on 1800 653 809.
If you don’t have your child’s Immunisation History Statements you can:
- Access AIR records at a Medicare office: Immunisation History Statements can be provided on the spot for children aged 0-7 years. You’ll still get the routine statements sent at 1, 2 and 4-5 years of age.
- Request the statement online via Medicare Australia website.
Accessing your child's immunisation details over the internet
You can also access your child’s immunisation details online at Medicare Australia. Register for a password (you’ll need your own Medicare number). This gives you secure access to your child’s records.
Immunisation questions should still be directed to AIR and/or providers such as our team or your GP, as Medicare staff have limited immunisation knowledge.