We provide no cost regular health and development checks for your children (birth to school age), through our community-based Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Service.
What we offer
The service provides you with support and information on a range of topics:
- Child health and development
- Sleep and settling
- Parental health and wellbeing
- Child Safety awareness
- Immunisation information
- Managing infant/child behaviours
- Links and referral to other support services
- First Steps New Parent Groups
Drop in sessions 2020
If you have a quick question to ask a Brimbank MCH nurse about your baby, drop in sessions are an opportunity to check in when a full appointment is not necessary.
Visits are shorter than usual appointment times and families are seen on a first come, first served basis. Find the session drop in times here.
Maternal and Child Health App
Use the State Government's free Maternal and Child Health App (available at Google Play or the iTunes Store) to find information and get reminders about your upcoming appointments.
Mobile Early Years Outreach Service
We provide mobile and outreach Early Years and Maternal and Child Health (MCH) services to key parts of the community.
To help give your children and family a great start in life, our mobile bus service will provides:
- Advice about common childhood health issues
- Child and family health education
- Health related promotional material
- Links to MCH, Playgroups and other Early Years services
- Referrals to other health services
The Early Years Outreach service lets us to better cater for the needs of Brimbank families and make important maternal and child health services more accessible.
The mobile service visits various locations throughout Brimbank. Contact MCH central booking office on 9249 4433 for more details.
Make an appointment or enquiry
For information about our services, or to make an appointment
Find your nearest Maternal and Child Health Centre
- St Albans: 15 Epalock Crescent, St Albans 3021
- Delahey: Delahey Community Centre - 80 Copperfield Drive, Delahey 3037
- Derrimut: Derrimut Community Centre - 30 Lennon Parkway, Derrimut 3026
- Keilor Downs: 12B Antwerp Drive, Keilor Downs 3038
- St Albans: 10A Southwold St, St Albans 3021
- Sunshine: 31A Alexandra Ave, Sunshine 3020
- Sunshine West: West Sunshine Community Centre - 25 Kermeen St, Sunshine West 3020
- Sydenham: G2/1 Station St, Taylors Lakes 3038 (next to the Sydenham Library)
- Find a centre near me!
You can also phone the State Government Maternal and Child Health Line. It’s available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call 13 22 29.
Need specialised help?
If your family experiencing difficulties? Our Enhanced MCH service can provides a more intensive level of support, including short-term case management. Situations where we may be able to help include:
- Children/parents with chronic or recurring illness
- Isolated families with limited support
- Alcohol/other drugs
- Domestic violence
- Vietnamese Parenting Support.
You can contact us directly, or be referred by a Maternal and Child Health nurse.
First Steps New Parents Groups
If you are a first time parent with a baby aged about 6 weeks to 4 months old you are invited to join one of our groups where you can get support and meet other new parents.
All first time parents using Brimbank MCH services will receive an invitation to a group.
For more information on our Maternal and Child Health Services