Brimbank's Maternal and Child Health Service provides information and advice about the care and health of children from birth to school age.
What we offer
The service provides you with support and information on a range of topics:
- Child health and development
- Sleep and settling
- Parental health and wellbeing
- Child Safety awareness
- Immunisation information
- Managing infant/child behaviours
- Links and referral to other support services
- First Steps New Parent Groups
First Steps New Parents Groups
If you are a first time parent with a baby aged about 6 weeks to 4 months old you are invited to join one of our groups where you can get support and meet other new parents.
All first time parents using Brimbank MCH services will receive an invitation to a group.
- Go to the First Step New Parent Groups for more information.
- Register if you are a new parent of a 6 week to 4 months old and are interested in joining a group.
Sleep and Settling Groups
The Brimbank Maternal and Child Health Service has developed sleep and settling groups for infants, babies and toddlers.
Book online, email or call 9249 4102.
Maternal and Child Health App
Use the State Government's free Maternal and Child Health App (available at Google Play or the iTunes Store) to find information and get reminders about your upcoming appointments.
Make an appointment or enquiry
For information about our services, or to make an appointment
- Call 9249 4433 from Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm.
Find your nearest Maternal and Child Health Centre
- St Albans: 15 Epalock Crescent, St Albans 3021
- Delahey: Delahey Community Centre - 80 Copperfield Drive, Delahey 3037
- Derrimut: Derrimut Community Centre - 30 Lennon Parkway, Derrimut 3026
- Keilor Downs: 12B Antwerp Drive, Keilor Downs 3038
- St Albans: 10A Southwold St, St Albans 3021
- Sunshine: 31A Alexandra Ave, Sunshine 3020
- Sunshine West: West Sunshine Community Centre - 25 Kermeen St, Sunshine West 3020
- Sydenham: G2/1 Station St, Taylors Lakes 3038 (next to the Sydenham Library)
- Find a centre near me!
You can also phone the State Government Maternal and Child Health Line. It’s available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call 13 22 29.
Need specialised help?
If your family experiencing difficulties? Our Enhanced MCH service can provides a more intensive level of support, including short-term case management. Situations where we may be able to help include:
- Children/parents with chronic or recurring illness
- Isolated families with limited support
- Alcohol/other drugs
- Domestic violence
- Vietnamese Parenting Support.
You can contact us directly, or be referred by a Maternal and Child Health nurse.
For more information on our Maternal and Child Health Services
- Call: 9249 4433
- Email: MCHadmin@brimbank.vic.gov.au