What is In2Sport?
In2Sport Brimbank is a subsidy program to help children living in Brimbank take part in community sport, regardless of financial circumstances.
The program aims to fund 75 per cent – or up to $200 – towards club membership fees (subject to availability).
In2Sport is an inclusive program. We encourage applications from people living with disability.
What changes will be made to the In2Sport program for the 2020/2021 season?
Due to the situation surrounding coronavirus and the impact it has taken on the community, the financial and personal wellbeing of our residents remain our priority. To further support our community, Brimbank City Council has made some changes to the eligibility criteria of the In2Sport subsidy program to allow those that have been impacted financially by coronavirus to apply for this grant.
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible for In2sport the applicant must;
- Live in Brimbank
- Choose a Brimbank Sports Club or a Community Based sports program in Brimbank (must be not for profit)
- Be aged 6 – 18 years (at time of application)
- Have their name listed on the uploaded Health Care Care/Pension Concession Card. The provided concession/health care card must be valid at time of application
If you do not have a healthcare/pension card you are still eligible if:
- You can provide proof documentation to show that applicant/applicants parents has been financially affected by COVID19. Ie: Loss of job, being stood down, decreased hours.
*More information on what documents will be required for this criteria will be confirmed once application date for In2sport is confirmed.
When do applications open?
Application periods are divided into Summer and Winter sports. Please note: Successful applicants are only eligible to receive funding once per financial year.
- Applications now closed
- Due to the current circumstances Council is planning to open applications late October – Early November. (Exact date to be confirmed)
*Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquiries in the meantime.
What is the Application Process?
- Step 1: Complete our Online Application Form - you'll need to upload a copy of your family's Health Care Card or Pension Card or proof of documentation that you have been financially impacted by COVID19 to complete the online application; Or
- Download and complete a Hard Copy Application Form and submit it to us. Attach a copy of your family's Health Care Card or Pension Card.
- Step 2: Our team will assess and process your application. You'll be notified via email. The notification process can take 2 – 4 weeks after the date of application.
- Step 3: Present your approval letter to your nominated club when joining. Pay the membership fee, minus the approved In2Sport Brimbank funding.
- Step 4: The club will invoice Council for the approved cost of the fees.
How do I find a club?
Look in our List of In2Sport Registered Clubs.
If the club you want isn't listed you'll need to contact the club and ask them to submit an In2Sport Club Registration Form after you've completed your own application.
Clubs selected outside of the pre-approved list must meet the eligibility criteria
If you're unsure which sport or club you would like to join, talk to our Leisure and Community Facilities team at email@example.com or call 9249 4526 before submitting your application.
Become an In2Sport Affiliated Sports Club
To become an In2Sport Affiliated Sports Club, the club must:
- Be based in Brimbank
- Be not for profit
- Be affiliated with their State Sporting Body
- Register as an In2Sport Brimbank Club
What else do I need to know?
- Funding is limited and subject to availability. Along with funding applications, individuals are encouraged to contact their local clubs to seek alternative subsidies at club level.
- No retrospective fees will be paid inclusive of uniform and equipment fees
- Applications for year round sports can be considered across both application periods, subject to funding availability
Referral agents are crucial to identifying children who aren't able to join a sports club, predominantly due to their financial circumstances. Referral agents can also help complete application forms, and submit them to us on behalf of parents.
Contact Leisure and Community Facilities on 9249 4526 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register as an In2Sport Brimbank Referral Agent.
Conact Leisure and Community Facilities on 9249 4526, email@example.com or visit Brimbank Community Civic Centre, 301 Hampshire Road, Sunshine, 3020.