The Together We are Brimbank Plan (PDF, 2.5MB) was adopted at Council’s meeting on 19 October 2021.
The plan incorporates our:
- Community Vision 2040
- Council Plan 2021-2025
- Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan
Our Council has developed a vision which captures aspirations for the Brimbank community over the next four years. It is: A transformed Brimbank that is beautiful, thriving, healthy and connected.
This vision is supported by four key Strategic Directions:
- People and Community – a welcoming, safe and supported community
- Places and Spaces – Liveable and connected neighbourhoods that support healthy and sustainable futures
- Opportunity and Prosperity – A future focused, transforming city where all have opportunities to learn and earn
- Leadership and Governance – a high performing organisation that enacts the vision and decision of Council through quality and innovative services.
These Strategic Directions will guide our work over the next four years.
Council’s focus will be directed on projects and services that support mental and physical health, inclusion, protecting the local the environment, education and employment.
The Together We are Brimbank summary report. (pdf, 575kb) is a shortened version of the plan providing a quick overview.
Municipal Health and Wellbeing Plan 2021-2025
Under the Victorian Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008, local governments are required to develop a four year Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan that outlines actions to enable residents to achieve maximum health and wellbeing.
To help identify health and wellbeing priorities Council is required to conduct an examination of the data about health status and health determinants in the municipality.
The findings from this analysis can be found in the Brimbank Health and Wellbeing Municipal Scan 2020.