Our plan is to increase Brimbank's tree canopy coverage from 6.2 per cent to 30 per cent over the next 30 years in its Urban Forest Strategy 2016-2046.
The Urban Forest Strategy will ultimately be used to guide the future greening of Brimbank.
The strategy proposes to:
- Increase canopy cover in Brimbank to 30 per cent to reduce urban heat island effects
- Maximise carbon sequestration through green infrastructure
- Protect existing trees through planning and enforcement
- Decrease the amount of impervious surfaces to reduce urban heat island effects
- Integrate grasslands with open space
- Improve water quality through the use of water sensitive urban design
- Encourage trees to be planted on private property and
- Create understanding and positive community attitudes towards the Brimbank Urban Forest
The Urban Forest Strategy expands on the Council-endorsed Greening the West., It provides a strategic framework for improved liveability through urban greening in Brimbank.
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 9249 4000.