At Call Hard Waste Collection Service. Bookings Now Open!
We introduced an At Call Hard Waste Collection Service from 1 July 2019.
This means you can have your old household items and green waste picked up from your property.
Every residential household in Brimbank will be able to book one ‘no charge’ at call collection service each financial year (1 July-30 June).
We’ll pick up items that can’t be placed (or don’t fit) in your kerbside collection bins.
Can I use the service?
All residential properties in Brimbank are entitled to one no charge At Call Hard Waste Collection each financial year (1 July-30 June annually).
How to book your collection
- Book online
- Or call 9249 4728
Please note, phone bookings are taken directly by our contractor.
Before you book a collection
- Know what types of hard and green waste we will and won’t collect.
- Check how to place items out for collection and size limits.
Need to cancel your collection?
You need to let us know no later than 5pm on the Thursday before your week of collection.
Yes! We’ll collect these Hard Waste items
- Scrap metal
- Empty tins (no lids)
- Hot water systems
- White goods (remove fridge doors)
- E-waste (e.g. TVs, computers)
- Household items
- Pottery, ceramics, china
- Timber pieces (max. 1.5m long)
- Mattresses, bed bases (1 set only)
- Mirrors/windows, glass (wrap and label ‘Glass’)
Yes! We’ll collect these Green Waste items
- Tree branches and prunings – bundled and tied with string or twine (less than 75mm wide and 1.5m long. Bundles must be smaller than 300mm wide).
- Single tree limbs (no branches attached, neatly stacked) smaller than 200mm wide and 1.5m long.
Not too heavy! One person must be able to lift an item to shoulder height.
No! We won’t collect these items!
- Car bodies, engine blocks
- Renovation, building or fencing materials
- Household garbage
- Industrial or commercial waste
- 4WD or truck tyres
- Hazardous materials or asbestos, cement sheeting
- Noxious weeds, vines, large tree stumps or roots
- Grass clippings, weeds and leaves
- Untied green waste (or tied with wire, rope or plastic)
How much can be collected?
In one single collection, we’ll take:
- 4 cubic metres of hard waste (equal to a 6x4 trailer)
- 2 cubic metres of bundled green waste
Place items only within your property boundary
Put your items for collection within your property - in your front yard or on your driveway – unless you’re told otherwise when you book.
In order to collect the items, our contractors must be able to reach your hard waste and green waste safely.
Stack items neatly.
On collection week
Be ready! Put your items out on the Sunday before your collection week.
Clearly separate your hard waste and green waste from other items on your property.
Don’t have a green waste bin?
Get one! We collect green waste fortnightly. Your green waste is turned into products gardens love, like potting mix, mulch, and compost.
Need to book another collection?
Extra hard waste collections are available. Costs apply.
- Book a user pays service online or call 9249 4728.
The following costs are a guide. Final collection costs will be confirmed upon booking your service with Cleanaway Pty Ltd.
- Hard waste only (up to 4 cubic metres) - $55.50
- Green waste only (up to 4 cubic metres) - $55.50
- Car tyres (when booked with a hard waste collection) - $4.10 per tyre
- Mattresses (when booked with a hard waste collection) - $32.98 per mattress