Hard Waste Collection
Got big junk and no trailer? Luckily we offer hard waste collection each year.
The 2018 Hard Waste Collection has now finished
The 2019 collection is expected to be during July/August. We'll let you know exact dates closer to that time.
Your rates fund the Annual Hard Waste Collection, so there's no extra charge.
How much can I get rid of?
We will collect no more than 3 cubic metres from each property – that’s about 1 trailer load in volume.
Items allowed for collection
Metals and White Goods
- Scrap metal (including large cans, iron, lawn mowers, etc.)
- Empty tins with lids removed
- Car parts not exceeding 1.5m in length
- Hot water systems
- White goods, including washing machines and fridges (doors must be removed).
- Household appliances and furniture
- Pottery, ceramics and china
- Timber pieces no more than 1.5 m long
- Mirrors/window glass, securely wrapped and marked “GLASS”
- Maximum of 4 car tyres per residential property
- Maximum of 1 mattress and mattress base per residential property.
Items That Will Not Be Collected
- Car bodies
- Engine blocks
- Hazardous materials such as paint, oils chemicals, batteries etc.
- Renovation or building materials
- Green waste
- Gas bottles
- Household garbage
- Household recyclables
- Industrial or commercial waste
- Rubble including concrete & bricks
- 4WD or truck tyres.
Other Collection Solutions
WM Waste Management ‘At Call’ Hard Waste Collection Service
There is an additional user-pays ‘at call’ Hard Waste Collection service. This is provided by WM Waste Management Services (our current contractor).
At Call Hard Waste collection is suspended during the five weeks of Annual Hard Waste collection.
WM Waste Management's Charges
- Hard Waste: $86 for 3 cubic metres
- Green Waste: $67 for 4 cubic metres (one flat trailer load).
- Mattresses: extra $24 each
- Car tyres: $11 each.
To book your collection directly, and for pricing details and other information, please contact:
Make your payment for direct to WM Waste Management. We cannot invoice for this service.