Apply to Review an Infringement Notice - Online form

Request an Internal Review of Your Infringement/Fine

Did you get a Brimbank City Council infringement/fine? By law, you can request a review of your fine/infringement.

To ask for a review of your fine you must be:

  • The person issued with the fine; or
  • Someone acting on behalf of the person to whom the fine was issued. 

Submit your request via the form at the bottom of the page

Parking Fines

Parking fines are issued to “the Owner” of the vehicle.

If you’re not the vehicle’s owner you must either be:

before your appeal can be considered.

Littering/Waste Fines

Littering fines are issued to ‘the owner’ of the vehicle.

The registered owner of the vehicle will not be responsible for the infringement if they nominate the responsible
party or can confirm that the vehicle is a commercial passenger vehicle.

Check Your Parking Infringement/Fine Details

Before you apply for a review of your parking infringement/fine you should check the details. Click the button below, then enter your Infringement Number and your car's rego number.

We provide officer photographs (if any), location, date, and approximate time, of the alleged offence.

Check Your Infringement/Fine

Do we consider your circumstances?

Yes. Your appeal is considered on its merits. However there are common situations (in isolation) that aren’t valid reasons to have your fine withdrawn.

I didn’t see a parking sign/I misread the parking sign.

All our parking signs comply with the Australian Standards for Parking Control. It’s your responsibility to make sure you understand and obey the parking rules.

I had to park illegally. All the legal parking spaces were taken.

We know it can be hard to find a parking spot, especially around train stations and shopping centres. But it’s your responsibility to make sure your vehicle is parked legally at all times, even if it means parking further away.

I got booked for double parking while I was waiting for a parking bay to become available.

It’s illegal to double park even if you’re waiting for a parking bay to become available. Unless a parking space is immediately available you must move along to find parking somewhere else.

I can’t afford to pay my fine.

We can help. You can apply for an Infringement Payment Plan (an extension of time to pay). You need to do this before the due date. If you don't pay your fine, we'll send a penalty reminder notice after 28 days. You'll have to pay the initial fine plus costs.

If the matter remains unresolved we may refer it to the Magistrate's Court or Fines Victoria. This can result in additional costs.

I was delayed in a meeting/appointment or could not leave work to move my vehicle in time.

We all get delayed from time to time. When your vehicle is in a timed parking area you should allow for possible delays. A meeting or appointment running over time isn’t unforeseeable.

We’ll only consider your appeal if the delay was unforeseeable, such as a medical emergency. You'll need a medical certificate or hospital documentation as proof.

Other Fines

I didn’t receive a reminder notice about my pet registration.

Legislation requires that you register your pet(s) by 10 April each year. We'll send you a reminder notice to renew your pet registration each year. However it’s your responsibility to make sure your pet's registered.

Alternative options available to you.

Further Information

Apply to Review an Infringement Notice

Your 10 digit infringement number is found in the top left corner of your notice.
Applicant details
Select one or more grounds

Please provide details of the exceptional circumstances (where you have committed the offence due to unforeseen or unpreventable circumstances, e.g. medical emergencies).

Please provide the reasons why you consider the decision to issue you with an Infringement was unlawful (e.g. the Infringement was not legally valid).

Special circumstances includes:

  • a mental or intellectual disability, disorder, disease or illness
  • a serious addiction to drugs, alcohol or volatile substance
  • homelessness, or
  • family violence within the meaning of the Family Violence Protection Act 2008. You must provide evidence (e.g. letter, report, statement) from one of the following parties to support you application.
  • a case worker, case manager or social worker
  • a general practitioner, psychiatrist or psychologist, or
  • an accredited drug treatment agency. Evidence (e.g. letter, statement or a report) from practitioner or case work should include the following information:
  • the practitioner/case worker’s qualification and relationship with you, including the period of engagement
  • the nature, severity and duration of your condition or your circumstances: a) whether you were suffering from the relevant condition or circumstances at the time the offence was committed, and b) whether, in the opinion of the practitioner/case worker, it is more likely than not that your condition/ circumstances resulted in your inability to understand or control the conduct constituting the offence. The practitioner or agency report must show that because of your condition/situation you could not understand or control constituting the offence.

Please provide an explanation of why you rely on the ground of mistake of identity (including evidence e.g. copy of your driver’s licence, in support).

An application made on the ground of ‘person unaware’ must:

  • be made within 14 days of you becoming aware of the infringement notice (You may evidence the date that you became aware of the infringement notice by executing a statutory declaration)
  • state the grounds on which the decision should be reviewed, and
  • provide your current address for service.

To submit this form and have your infringement notice reviewed, the above terms and conditions must be accepted by ticking the boxes.